Farmers Union Industries, LLC, also known as FUI, is a leading agricultural based manufacturing company based in Redwood Falls, MN. FUI is a premier provider of specialized products, providing superior value and services to our members and customers. Our current operations include Central Bi-Products, Northland Choice, Midwest Grease, Artex Manufacturing, Redwood Farms Meat Processors, and Performance Pet Products. FUI currently manufactures in 8 facilities in a three state area, including: Redwood Falls, Long Prairie, and Waite Park, Minnesota; Mitchell, South Dakota and Estherville, Iowa. For more information, visit fuillc.com.
Job Title: Human Resources Coordinator
Location: Mitchell, SD
Reports To: Director of Human Resources
Areas of Accountability
All areas of accountability to be delivered in a manner that aligns with the values and business strategy of Farmers Union Industries, LLC.
- Human Resources Support
- Payroll Support
- Training / Testing Support
- HRIS / ATS Maintenance
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain employee confidence through accurate HR processes and compliance with federal, state and local regulations and laws
- Support and promote a positive work environment, continuous improvement culture and positive community relations
- Serve as on-site HR resource for all employees at the complex, with direction and support from Corporate HR Staff
- Support implementation and interpretation of HR policies and procedures; deliver information in a timely and clear manner
- Plan and coordinate employee meetings/events (i.e. – communications, meal coordination, room preparation)
- Respond to employee issues and concerns by bringing forward to Director of HR; partner with investigations, as needed
- Maintain HRIS and ATS records and reporting (i.e. – Affirmative Action, new hires, time system, personnel files)
- Complete employment verifications, unemployment requests and follow-up for workers compensation cases
- Provide support for return to work timelines for Workers’ Comp, FMLA, Disability and Leaves of Absence
- Champion FUI Wellness Program at site location
- Conduct new hire orientation, in alignment with Company objectives, to create positive experience for new hire
- Partner with Complex Manager and Corporate HR on full-cycle recruitment efforts to ensure skillset and culture fit
- Coordinate employee training/testing and ensure accurate tracking of records – compliance, safety, job-specific, etc.
- Maintain an electronic document storage environment
- Cross-train and provide back-up for other areas of HR, as needed
Situations may arise that require employees to temporarily or permanently assume responsibility for tasks not specifically outlined in this job description. Employees may be requested to work additional hours and/or accommodate a heavier than normal workload.
- Degree in Business or Human Resources, preferred; or comparable education and/or experience
- Experience in HR field with an emphasis on Employee Relations and Recruiting, preferred
- High level of proficiency, accuracy, discretion and confidentiality
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Knowledge of relevant employment legislation
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills with high level of professionalism
- Strong sense of initiative and problem-solving with the ability to manage time and deadlines with little supervision
- Travel up to 10%, annually
AA/EEO/Drug-Free Workplace. We use E-Verify.