Farmers Union Industries, LLC, also known as FUI, is a leading agricultural based manufacturing company based in Redwood Falls, MN. FUI is a premier provider of specialized products, providing superior value and services to our members and customers. Our current operations include Central Bi-Products, Northland Choice, Midwest Grease, Artex Manufacturing, Pet Care Systems, Redwood Farms Meat Processors, and Performance Pet Products. FUI currently manufactures in 8 facilities in a three state area, including: Redwood Falls, Long Prairie, Waite Park and Detroit Lakes, Minnesota; Mitchell, South Dakota and Estherville, Iowa. For more information, visit fuillc.com.
Job Title: Shift Supervisor
Location: Mitchell, SD
Reports To: Plant Superintendent
Areas of Accountability
All areas of accountability to be delivered in a manner that aligns with the values and business strategy of Farmers Union Industries.
- Safety & Quality Compliance
- Team Leadership & Development
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversee plant production during assigned shift including the receiving, dry-batch, dicing/shredding, meat loading, blending, chub production, canning, can packaging, sanitation and warehouse
- Adhere to all health and safety policies/procedures, FSMA and HACCP requirements, and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs)
- Set standards for plant housekeeping and ensure standards are understood, being achieved, and are continuously being improved
- Develop a strong knowledge of plant equipment, operating procedures and best practices, and operator basic care requirements
- Assist in the selection of new hires for operational positions
- Responsible for leading, coaching, training, developing and disciplining of operations personnel
- Develop and implement shift assignments as needed and ensure accurate completion of employee time records
- Communicate with team members to understand and meet goals and to solve operating problems efficiently and effectively
- Work with management and other supervisory staff to continuously improve plant operating standards, processes, and procedures
Situations may arise that require employees to temporarily or permanently assume responsibility for tasks not specifically outlined in this job description. Employees may be requested to work additional hours and/or accommodate a heavier than normal work load.
- Associates degree, preferred
- 3+ years’ experience in canning or a food/feed manufacturing environment with supervisory experience, preferred
- Working knowledge of food/feed processing equipment, material handling, and plant/facility operation systems
- Leads with a sense of urgency, customer service, excellence, and pride, in a team environment
- Ability to work required hours, possibly 8 or 10-hour shifts, weekend and holiday work as required
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs., from floor to waist level, occasionally use stairs, occasionally bend at the waist and/or knees
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to develop a team environment promoting talent growth and mutual assistance
- Basic computer skills
- Travel up to 10%, annually
AA/EEO/Drug-Free Workplace. We use E-Verify.