Farmers Union Industries, LLC, also known as FUI, is a leading agricultural based manufacturing company based in Redwood Falls, MN. FUI is a premier provider of specialized products, providing superior value and services to our members and customers. Our current operations include Central Bi-Products, Northland Choice, Midwest Grease, Artex Manufacturing, Pet Care Systems, Redwood Farms Meat Processors, and Performance Pet Products. FUI currently manufactures in 6 facilities in a three-state area, including: Redwood Falls, Long Prairie, Waite Park and Detroit Lakes, Minnesota; Mitchell, South Dakota and Estherville, Iowa.
|Job Title||Cost Accountant|
|Reports To||Facility Manager|
Areas of Accountability
All areas of accountability to be delivered in a manner that aligns with the values and business strategy of Farmers Union Industries.
- Cost Accounting System
- Expense Control
- Physical Inventory
- Management Reporting
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Gather and analyze product and process information to maintain and ensure the accuracy of the ERP system (Microsoft Dynamics NAV)
- Analyze actual manufacturing costs and prepare periodic reports comparing expected costs (budget) to actual production costs
- Analyze changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods, or service provided, to determine effects on cost
- Develop systems, metrics, and tools for use in controlling expenditures
- Provide management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products and services
- Assist with month-end and year-end closings and annual audit activities to achieve established deadlines
- Assist with the monitoring of raw materials and finished goods inventory levels, aging, and adherence to FIFO procedure and lot tracking requirements
- Reconcile physical inventories and analyze variances for potential corrective action
- Maintain cost accounting system and internal controls
- Work on special projects, as required
Situations may arise that require employees to temporarily or permanently assume responsibility for tasks not specifically outlined in this job description. In addition, employees may be requested to work additional hours and/or accommodate a heavier than normal workload.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance Accounting or Business required
- Two years of experience in an Accounting and/or Finance role
- Accounting Certification (CMA, CPA, etc.) preferred
- Experience in manufacturing
- Proficient in Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents and financial reports
- High level of proficiency, accuracy, discretion, and confidentiality
- Working knowledge of job cost accounting systems, bill of materials, routings, and work centers
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills with high level of professionalism
- Strong sense of initiative and independent problem-solving with the ability to manage time and deadlines with little supervision
- Travel up to 10% annually
AA/EEO/Drug-Free Workplace. We use E-Verify.