Farmers Union Industries, LLC, also known as FUI, is a leading agricultural based manufacturing company based in Redwood Falls, MN. FUI is a premier provider of specialized products, providing superior value and services to our members and customers. Our current operations include Central Bi-Products, Northland Choice, Midwest Grease, Artex Manufacturing, Pet Care Systems, Redwood Farms Meat Processors, and Performance Pet Products. FUI currently manufactures in 6 facilities in a three-state area, including: Redwood Falls, Long Prairie, Waite Park and Detroit Lakes, Minnesota; Mitchell, South Dakota and Estherville, Iowa.
|Job Title||Materials Procurement Specialist|
|Reports To||Director of Operations|
As a key member of the Performance Pet Products team, the Materials Procurement Specialist personnel will:
- Adopt and exemplify FUI’s mission, vision, and values.
- Be jointly responsible for contributing towards the achievement of the company’s goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the procurement and inventory of raw materials for Pet Products plants using Microsoft Dynamics NAV MRP
- Conduct price analysis and generate cost savings
- Conduct inventory analysis to reduce working capital costs
- Work with plant operations to understand raw materials yields and waste to generate cost savings
- Work with plant quality assurance personnel to conduct raw materials quality analysis to insure raw materials consistently meet production standards
- Negotiate with vendors for lower pricing and improved contract terms
- Evaluate and track vendor performance and conduct meetings with low performing vendors to drive improvement
- Maintain weekly and monthly reports (Examples: KPI Scorecard, Cost per can, Aging)
- Develop and maintain policies and SOPs that drive standardization and best practices
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications, Education & Work Experience
- BS or AS Degree in related field preferred
- 5 years experience procuring raw materials for food/feed manufacturing.
- MRP purchasing and inventory experience
- Advanced analysis skills Excel
- Advanced presentation skills
- Supplier management
- Cost reduction experience
- Clear and concise communication (written and verbal)
- Must be able to quickly learn products, processes, and MRP system
- Skilled in MS Office: Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Microsoft Dynamics NAV experience a plus
- Communicates well and accurately maintains records
- Understand and operate basic computer systems
- Work usually performed in an office setting or customer setting. Will require ability to work in plant environments at times
- Ability and willingness to work extra hours on a scheduled /unscheduled basis when required
- Digital dexterity and hand/eye coordination to use a personal computer, e-mail, copier, fax, phone, and other standard office equipment
- Ability to speak to and hear customers and/or employees via phone and in person
- Ability to travel by vehicle or plane as required by role (up to 20% of the time)
AA/EEO/Drug-Free Workplace. We use E-Verify.