Farmers Union Industries, LLC, also known as FUI, is a leading agricultural based manufacturing company based in Redwood Falls, MN. FUI is a premier provider of specialized products, providing superior value and services to our members and customers. Our current operations include Central Bi-Products, Northland Choice, Midwest Grease, Artex Manufacturing, Pet Care Systems, Redwood Farms Meat Processors, and Performance Pet Products. FUI currently manufactures in 6 facilities in a three-state area, including: Redwood Falls, Long Prairie, Waite Park and Detroit Lakes, Minnesota; Mitchell, South Dakota and Estherville, Iowa.
|Job Title||Plant Mechanical Maintenance|
|Reports To||Maintenance Manager|
Areas of Accountability
All areas of accountability to be delivered in a manner that aligns with the values and business strategy of Farmers Union Industries, LLC.
- Equipment Maintenance
- Equipment Installation
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work safely following all company safety policies, practices, procedures and improvement initiatives
- Comply with all regulatory compliance requirements regarding environmental, and food/feed safety
- Read and understand warnings, manuals, and wiring schematics
- Maintain, repair, and install plant equipment to OEM standards
- Perform a routine preventative equipment monitoring, troubleshooting, and service to ensure reliability and equipment uptime
- Maintain a clean work environment to ensure safety and product quality
- Communicate any accidents, threats, downtime, or cost-saving measures to the shift supervisor
- Assist other production and maintenance personnel as needed or requested
Situations may arise that require employees to temporarily or permanently assume responsibility for tasks not specifically outlined in this job description. Employees may be requested to work additional hours and/or accommodate a heavier than normal work load.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), preferred
- 1-3 years of experience working on mechanical equipment in a manufacturing environment
- Boiler experience/certification, desired
- HVAC/Refridgeration experience/certification, desired
- Experience in food/feed production, desired
- Mechanically inclined and troubleshooting abilities
- Ability to operate welders, torches, and cutters
- Ability to operate bobcats, forklifts, tractors, trucks, and Simons lift
- Ability to maintain and service material handling equipment
- Ability to communicate and accurately maintain records
- Ability to understand and operate basic computer systems
AA/EEO/Drug-Free Workplace. We use E-Verify.