Farmers Union Industries, LLC, also known as FUI, is a leading agricultural based manufacturing company based in Redwood Falls, MN. FUI is a premier provider of specialized products, providing superior value and services to our members and customers. Our current operations include Central Bi-Products, Northland Choice, Midwest Grease, Artex Manufacturing, Pet Care Systems, Redwood Farms Meat Processors, and Performance Pet Products. FUI currently manufactures in 6 facilities in a three-state area, including: Redwood Falls, Long Prairie, Waite Park and Detroit Lakes, Minnesota; Mitchell, South Dakota and Estherville, Iowa.
|Job Title||Plant Mechanical Maintenance|
|Reports To||Maintenance Supervisor|
As a key member of the plant operations team, the Plant Mechanical Maintenance personnel will:
- Adopt and exemplify FUI’s mission, vision, and values.
- Be jointly responsible for contributing towards the achievement of the company’s goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Environmental Systems Maintenance Technician will engage in the following activities:
- Work safely following all company safety policies, practices, procedures and improvement initiatives
- Comply with all regulatory compliance requirements regarding environmental, and food/feed safety
- Maintain, repair, and install plant equipment
- Perform regular equipment monitoring, troubleshooting, and service to ensure reliability and equipment uptime
- Install and repair plant equipment to OEM standards
- Maintain a clean work environment to ensure safety and product quality
- Communicate any accidents, threats, downtime, or cost-saving measures to the shift supervisor
- Assist other production and maintenance personnel as needed or requested
Qualifications, Education & Work Experience
- Associates degree and three years’ experience working on mechanical equipment in a manufacturing environment or high school diploma/equivalent
- 6 years experience working on mechanical equipment in a manufacturing environment
- Boiler experience/certification a plus
- HVAC/Refrigeration experience/certification a plus
- Experience in food/feed production a plus
- Mechanically inclined and troubleshooting abilities
- Can operate welders, torches, and cutters
- Can operate bobcats, forklifts, tractors, trucks and Simons lift
- Able to maintain and service material handling equipment
- Accurately read and understand warnings, manuals and wiring schematics
- Communicates well and accurately maintains records
- Understand and operate basic computer systems
AA/EEO/Drug-Free Workplace. We use E-Verify.