Farmers Union Industries, LLC, also known as FUI, is a leading agricultural based manufacturing company based in Redwood Falls, MN. FUI is a premier provider of specialized products, providing superior value and services to our members and customers. Our current operations include Central Bi-Products, Northland Choice, Midwest Grease, Artex Manufacturing, Pet Care Systems, Redwood Farms Meat Processors, and Performance Pet Products. FUI currently manufactures in 6 facilities in a three-state area, including: Redwood Falls, Long Prairie, Waite Park and Detroit Lakes, Minnesota; Mitchell, South Dakota and Estherville, Iowa.
|Job title||Quality Assurance Manager|
|Reports to||Director of Operations|
Areas of Accountability
All areas of accountability to be delivered in a manner that aligns with the values and business strategy of Farmers Union Industries.
- Product Quality
- Product Safety Standards
- Environmental Compliance
- Quality Records & Recording
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Adhere to all health, safety and environmental policies/procedures, FSMA requirements, HACCP requirements, and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs)
- Assist in setting quality standards and ensure that production is maintained at such standards
- Provide necessary technical resources and information to all Plant Department Managers and report all quality deviations to the appropriate staff
- Provide necessary documentation to assure that established standards of quality and food safety are met
- Responsible for continuous improvement of the QA Department
- Manage, train, coach, lead and supervise all plant QA staff
- Communicate with purchasing and/or raw material suppliers, on product quality deviations and supplier audit information
- Investigate all product complaints and document and recommend corrective action
- Perform and/or oversee HACCP and GMP audits of the process as well as employee training in these areas
- Utilize SPC and other statistical tools to improve areas within the QA function
- Oversee and assist in working relationships with third-party laboratories
- Assist in the preparation for and execution of customer, corporate, and third-party audits
Situations may arise that require employees to temporarily or permanently assume responsibility for tasks not specifically outlined in this job description. In addition, employees may be requested to work additional hours and/or accommodate a heavier than normal workload.
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Animal Science, Meat Science, Biology, or related field
- 2-5 years’ work experience in the food industry, pet food, or meat processing preferred
- Knowledge of SPC, HACCP, USDA regulations, GMPs, Quality Assurance, and Food Microbiology
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work day/evening/night shifts as required
- Travel up to 10% annually
AA/EEO/Drug-Free Workplace. We use E-Verify.